Building Envelope Services
No proposal needed to inspect, maintain, and repair your building. J2 Building Consultants has Building Envelope services ready for purchase via credit card and ACH.
Pricing for Standard Services
Virtual Building Doctor
- Up to 2 hours of professional virtual services
- Initial document review
- Attend a Board Meeting
- Board meeting coaching
- Expert opinions
- Third-party advice
- Contractor bid review
- Visual Building Envelope Review via Teams or Zoom
- Other Virtual services
Better understand your building envelope and potential safety risks to keep your building out of the Emergency Room.
- Expert Inspector on site for up to 2 hours to help you better understand potential building envelope safety risks and damage
- Preliminary visual building envelope observations report with photos of findings (up to 6 pages)
- Review existing documents
- Rapid visual screening of symptoms of damage: staining, cracking, leaks & defective conditions
- Prioritize potential immediate, short-term, and long-term issues
- Symptoms of Damage: Visual observations of potential issues such as staining, cracking, leaks, defective conditions, possible deterioration, and immediate action needed.
- Follow-up: Brief meeting/video conference with the Client to discuss our report and recommendations for further review.
Understand the health of your building components to properly plan for future maintenance, repair, and replacement
- Visual Building Envelope Inspection
- Up to 8 Hours on Site
- Itemized Report of Findings with photos and narrative explanation of recommended corrective action (typically 30+ pages)
- Documentation of stains, damage, defective conditions, and maintenance related items
- Identify potential life safety issues, apparent leaks, performance concerns, and maintenance items
- Compliance: Note observed installation concerns or other issues not in compliance with original construction documents (if applicable), code, industry standards, and manufacturer's instructions.
- Review current Reserve Study, capital needs assessment, and other documents you provide
- Does not include invasive openings (pulling siding off) or detailed analysis of the structure
- Follow-up: Meeting/video conference with the Client to discuss our report and recommendations for further review.
Diagnostic Testing & Evaluation
The "MRI" your building needs to diagnose symptoms of damage and plan the treatment process.
$0 Cost to Get Started
- Includes all services noted in the Visual Exam, as well as the following (as needed)
- Temporarily removing and reinstalling siding, roofing, decking, etc. to reveal underlying conditions and construction defect (also known as invasive inspection)
- Water penetration testing
- Humidity and moisture testing
- Airflow testing
- Hygrothermal analysis
- Ventilation calculations
- Building code analysis
- Structural analysis performed by in-house licensed engineers
- Customizable for size and extent of inspection process. Let's talk about the options and get you a free proposal for review!
Damage prevention starts with routine visual checks!
J2 will Diagnose, Prescribe, and Treat your sick building.
Staining & Growth
Peeling Paint & Swelling
FREE Educational Resources for your HOA, home, or contractor
eBOOK: FINDING MONEY FOR YOUR REPAIRS
It can be really difficult for community associations to come up with the funds to make repairs, especially a major strip-and-reclad. In this eBook, we'll give you and your Board detailed advice to help you come up with money for condominium repair projects, and we’ll help you get creative to take advantage of money you didn’t know you had.
WHY HIRE A BUILDING DOCTOR
What is a building doctor? We diagnose, prescribe, and treat sick buildings to relieve your stress and protect your investment. Our goal is to provide help, hope, and happiness to owners of sick buildings.
The Building Doctor Show
Buildings differ from one community to the next, but when you have new volunteers joining your Board every few years (or every few months… you know who you are) it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with maintenance, bylaws, and budgets.
Solutions to the most complex and commonly asked Condo Board questions, join us at 3:30pm PST on the last Tuesday of every month!
HEALTHY BUILDINGS, HAPPY PEOPLE
"J2 is experienced and professional, they treat each client as an important client, make sure they understand the purpose and get the job done right the first time."
"We actually consider J2 to be the most dependable and productive consultant we use in any firm."
"My fears of a ghastly nightmare turned into one huge relief!"