What is a Wellness Check?
J2's expert inspector will be on site for up to 2 hours to review your building issues with you and provide you with a short findings report to help you better understand what potential building envelope safety risks and damage may be affecting your building.
- There are so many issues that you don’t know where to start
- You have identified symptoms of damage on your building and know you need to do something
- You need a second opinion for your reserve study, capital needs assessment, or confusing contractor proposal
- Your key stakeholders have differing opinions
- You need help to identify and prioritize risks and need some recommendations on what you should be repairing right now
- You need guidance and a game plan to get started on your building issues
- We’ll come to your property and walk with you through your concerns, providing a high-level visual overview with our trained eyes.
- We'll look at the "problem areas" and help you decide which areas are of highest concern and priority.
- We can review documents like your reserve study, contractors' bids, and previous reports for accuracy and level of importance.
- When we're done, we’ll give you a clear and simple action plan, report of concerns, or a proposal outline for further diagnosis that will lead to an effective repair plan to heal your building.
WHAT IT IS:
Up to 2 Hours on Site walking with you to understand the issues. Rapid visual screening of symptoms of damage: staining, cracking, leaks & defective conditions
WHAT IT IS:
Abbreviated observations report with photos of findings (up to 6 pages). Great for fall and spring review, or damage after a storm.
WHAT IT'S NOT:
The Wellness Check is not a comprehensive report of all areas of damage, defect, and concern. Inspectors will need to spend at least a full day on site to provide this. If you have more than 25 units or need in-depth diagnosis, please schedule a call with us.
WHAT IT IS:
Prioritize potential immediate, short-term, and long-term issues
WHAT IT'S NOT:
The Wellness Check does not provide a detailed scope of work with maintenance and repair plan. For more assistance with this, see Diagnostic Testing & Evaluation
You deserve to know if your building is unsafe
Get an expert's opinion about your leaks & rot
2 Hours on Site
Expert Inspector on site for up to 2 hours to help you better understand potential building envelope safety risks and damage.
Meet on-site to discuss specific concerns. Feedback on your maintenance plan from an expert in building envelope science.
Short Findings Report
Abbreviated observations report with photos of findings (up to 6 pages).
Symptoms of Damage
Visual observations of potential issues such as staining, cracking, leaks, defective conditions, possible deterioration, and immediate action needed.
Rapid visual screening of a sampling of exterior building envelope components. Intent is a limited visual overview of potential building envelope performance concerns.
Preliminary review of maintenance history, reports, reserve study, existing plans and/or other available information.
Prioritization of Issues
Categorize potential immediate, short-term, and long-term issues.
Brief meeting/video conference with the Client to discuss our report and recommendations for further review. Next step can usually be an invasive investigation.
How it Works
1. Choose a Service
2. Enter Your Information
3. Onboarding Call
4. Observations & Report
Enter Your Information
To get started, tell us a bit about your property. When you click "Continue to Payment" below, you’ll be prompted to submit your credit card, debit card, or ACH bank transfer information to secure your spot on the books.
We’ll give you a call to discuss your property information and introduce you to the process. At this time, we’ll also double check that the Wellness Check is right for your needs.
This service is limited to a 50-mile radius of the J2 offices and small to medium sized properties. If you need something customized, schedule a call to talk about it.
Observations & Report
Our Building Doctors will visit the site, visually observe the building(s) for up to 2 hours, and write a photo-documented preliminary report of our findings (up to 6 pages).
Back to Services Selection
Virtual Building Doctor
A low-cost and easy way to get expert advice from a Building Doctor when you feel trapped by your budget, rules, and building damage.
Up to 2 hours of professional *virtual* services.
Better understand your building envelope and potential safety risks to keep your building out of the Emergency Room.
Up to 2 hours on site with photo documented findings report, up to 6 pages.